Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have a really bad infected ingrown toenail i have been on 6 lots of tablets what can i do please?

Soak your foot and then dig it out and remove it.


JEDI have a really bad infected ingrown toenail i have been on 6 lots of tablets what can i do please?
get it removed thats what i did.


just when you do dont watch..its nasty.I have a really bad infected ingrown toenail i have been on 6 lots of tablets what can i do please?
My bf had that. In both toes. He needed surgery to remove them. You need to go see a doctor and have the same. That is sooo painful!!!
soak the infected foot in epsom salt and hot water for 2 hours at a time and that should releive the swelling and cause it to come out on its own or it will relieve it enough where you are able to remove it yourself but if this doesnt work you may need to go to your doctor and have them remove it
I found I can't cut my big toenails very close to my toe or they'll get ingrown. I have to cut mine straight across and leave them fairly long on each side.
Get removed at the Doc!!! Thats it!!!
Went to a doctor, the first time. He had minor surgery and removed the whole toenail. The shots he gave me hurt like heck.





The nail grew back, so next time I soaked the nail for half hour, then scraped the nail long ways about 1/4 inch from the edge with a sharp pointed knife. Soaked again half way thru,,





I then took a pair of scissors and cut down the 1/4 inch nail. Did not hurt took a while, but worked wonders. I've done that twice and it worked well. The infection should be medicated. I understand you are taking pills.





One thing you can do is to have a pedicure once a month with someone that will take special care to cut the nail back. Also stop wearing tight fitting toe shoes.
DO NOT PICK AT IT. - You run the risk of making the infection worse.





Go to a podiatrist - after having 6 lots of tablets I would have thought your doctor would have made a referral for you. They will remove the offending bit of nail - this is the only way to completely get rid of it. No amount of antibiotics will get rid of the infection if the nail which is causing it in the first place is still there. Once the bit of nail is removed your podiatrist will give you further guidance on cutting the nail so it doesnt happen again.
Go to a Podiatrist and get it removed. They can do it where the nail grows back or where it does not grow back. That is the best solution if you have ingrown toenails that keep coming back.
Honey save your foot if you love it and go to see a podiatrist (foot doctor). If you don't do anything about it this will lead to other problems. And we all know that the world is giving us enough as is,so do yourself a fav and take a visit to the doctor.


It'll be well worth it in the end.





Ya Girl MsTJ
When that happens to me, I dont bother the doctor, I just get a knife, and do it myself. Yeah it hurts like hell, but its worth it in the end.


Pain increases stamina, thats what I always say
Soak your entire foot in a tub of warm-hot water with some Epsom Salt (available at your nearest grocery store).





Soak it as long as you can stand your foot being in water.





Try to pick at the ingrown nail and detach it from the skin. It hurts but it will hurt less the longer you soak your foot.





Once you've made significant process of lifting the nail from the skin, re-soak for a bit and then gently dry it off and put some antibiotic ointment on it with a loose gauze or bandaid.





Repeat steps everyday until it gets better.
It is time to go to the doctor and get it removed You will get a nasty infection if you don't take care of it soon

No comments:

Post a Comment