Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dog has ingrown toenail.What to do?

My dog has an ingrown toenail on his back paw, I just noticed it a little bit ago. I don't know how long it's been there for. I've been reading up on it, and want to know what would be the better way of handling it. Cutting it myself or going to a Veterinarian? Any idea how much it would cost??? I don't care if its expensive, I just want to make sure I go in with enough to get it done. Dog has ingrown toenail.What to do?
If the nail is growing into his pad, you need to get him to the vet today. That is so very painful. The nail will have to be cut back, and depending on how far into the pad it is growing, wound cleaning and bandaging and antibiotics will need to be done. At the hospital I used to work at, that ran between $60 - $125 US. Dog has ingrown toenail.What to do?
My sisters dog had this problem. His nail would grow Very fast after he ripped it out once.





You should take your dog to the Vet right away. This is a very painful thing and should be delt with by people who know what they are doing. It pad will have to be cleaned. And it might be suggested by the Vet to just remove the nail completely so this doesn't happen again.





To prevent this from happening you should take your dog to get his/her nails clipped every month or month and a half for about 6 months. Then you can wait every 3 months. Your dog will feel much better.
Take him to the vet right away got to hurt like hell.
bring him to the vet which offers pet grooming. they can handle it as efficiently as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment