Saturday, August 21, 2010

How does one remove polyurethane from toenails?

I refinished my hardwood floors last month in barefeet. They turned out great. Unforturnately, I got some MinWax polyurethane on my toe nails, causing an ugly yellow tinge. Is there a safe way to remore this? It is a strange predictament, I know. Thanks for your help.How does one remove polyurethane from toenails?
You should have worn shoes. Just let them grow out until the polyurethe is all gone.How does one remove polyurethane from toenails?
I'd suggest fine grain sand paper. something like 100 grit or more. that should take polyurethane off. I'd personally use my pocket knife or a utility knife. actually, i probably wouldn't get polyurethane on my feet to begin with and if i did i wouldn't really care.





Don't cut yourself.


also, nail-polish-remover will probably work. rubbing alcohol will probably work. kerosene will probably work. paint thinner will probably work. mineral spirits will probably work. vodka will probably work.... but i like knives.
Laquer thinner usually works, as does Naptha (lighter fluid). Both are flammable so use care. Wash with water after to remove any chemical residue.
Mineral spirits, found in any hardware store.

No comments:

Post a Comment