Saturday, August 21, 2010

I cut my budgies toenail and now it wont stop bleeding. whats going to happen.?

How do i stop the bleedingI cut my budgies toenail and now it wont stop bleeding. whats going to happen.?
Try not to worry, it will stop on it's own. If you want to help, pack it with baking soda or flour. You have to pack it into the little hole where the blood is coming out.


I'm a Vet Tech and when I was in school they told us that when we need a blood sample from a budgie, to cut it's toenail. It was a good way to get blood without hurting the bird.


Please try not to worry.I cut my budgies toenail and now it wont stop bleeding. whats going to happen.?
flour for baking helps to soak up and also clot blood.
try and put Vaseline on it i did same thing to dog and vet told me to try that
Dip it in flour or baby powder
I think the Vet Tech is roght about coating the nail with flour. This seems like the best thing to do. I remember cutting my dog's toenail too short and the vet told me to do the same thing.





It really works, trust me.





I hope he's ok.
need to keep some styptic powder on hand for just that reason.
Don't let it get infected.
You must stop it bleeding. A styptic powder such as ';Quik-stop'; will stop the bleeding.If you do not have any of that to hand,apply some flour. Hold the entire foot in the powder, packing the powder against the clipped nail. ...
buy,, blood stop and allways keep it handy when triming nails or wings.





try flower for now, and go buy the blood stop its goood to have just in case you went to deep it might start bleeding again, they might try to bite on it.
You need to stop it right away or it will bleed to death. Just hold your budgie and put some cornstartch on the tip where it is bleeding. You may have to continue doing this a few times a day for like 2 days or so just to make sure it has totally clotted.
Put some cornstarch on it, that will stop the bleeding.
ouch that must hurt alot . well why dont u try to put a bag of ice on it see if the bleeding will stop . and just put something like cream medican on your toe and put a bandge on it after that will help bleeding .
Pat some flour or cornstarch on the nail. Direct pressure will also stop the bleeding.
dip it in flour, that will clog it
it should be fine...if not, take it to petsmart. they're pretty strong birds, don't get too damaged too easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment