Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a ingrown toenail and i want to fix it myself, any ideas? i might just rip toenail out.?

Ive had it for a pretty long time now, like a mont and im pretty used to it now but im getting tired of the pain during pe in school and just like walking around. my toenail is like inside meat lol and ijust fixed my other on but it hurt real bad.I have a ingrown toenail and i want to fix it myself, any ideas? i might just rip toenail out.?
I always take a piece of cotton and stuff it under the nailbed where the ingrown is. It relieves pressure and keeps the nail off the nailbed and from growing into the skin. I usually change the cotton every few days as needed until the nail grows out. Also, Neosporin helps with any infections.I have a ingrown toenail and i want to fix it myself, any ideas? i might just rip toenail out.?
Man, I hate that!!! It hurts!!! I used to get them all the time, but now I get pedicures every two weeks, and no longer get them. BUT, before I could do that, I remember the cure I did myself. Ingrown toenails are two things - both the skin growing up into the nail, and the nail growing down into the skin. You need to have a skinny pair of scissors to first remove the excess skin from under the nail (if you soak your toes in warm soapy water first, it will be easier). Once all the excess skin is removed, you will probably have seen that the long edge of the toenail is also growing down towards the nailbed. You will have to clip the side of that nail (and it will hurt!) so that it is no longer cutting into your skin. You can get special scissors for that very cheaply at the drugstore. Your skin does not have to bleed to do this, unless it is already infected. If it is, after you do remove the skin and bad nail portions, you should pour on peroxide, then dry it and use Neosporin with socks for a couple of days.





I also recommend going to get a pedicure once your toes have totally healed to see how they do it. If you routinely get ingrowns, you should give yourself or get a professional pedicure every two weeks at least. It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment